This is the time to focus on what India has achieved, acquired, innovated, shared in the past 62 years. Who is India? It is you and me. Instead of being part of the problem I decide to be part of the solution, the greatness my country has and radiates to every corner of the world.
Here are some and you can add more…
1) We taught the world that to dispel darkness you don’t need to fight but light, light a glow of Ahimsa, and this can be in the form of Vinobha Bhave and Mahatma Gandhi and millions more who stood the gaucheries of the British to liberate us and give us this much valued Freedom. I Bow down to each and every one of them in honor and silence. Thank you.
2) We solved the world’s problems of the millennium with our able and qualitative IT professionals. We introduced them to every minuscule mohalla in the world. Today behind their systems, smiles an Indian for providing them solutions.
3) Our music, Karnattic or Hindustani, the base of many forms of music plays in some form in every stereo and trumpets in every tympanic membrane.
4) Our fashion with the ancient embroidery and kurtis, the bold and beautiful saari cuts across all boundaries and walks the ramp to and fro, from Mumbai to Manhattan.
5) Our preventive cure for the world through Ayurveda surfaces in every Indian food in the form of turmeric, ginger and is a nebula in the science of medicine. Ayurveda is a boon to the bane world of medicine providing immunity and resilience to the human being.
6) Our gulab jamun’s and daal chawal are salivating in every eatery of the globe. They are healthy, nutritious and fulfilling, every household longs for daal chawal or is on a khichdi diet when one needs to cure the system of unwanted pizza’s and pastries.
The world has been gifted by India with His Holiness Sri Sri RaviShankar. A world waits for One who radiates peace and pierces everyone with arrows of love. The world now needs to stand up and acknowledge. Salute Him. How a good scenery adds value to the entire landscape, His presence adds the glory to mankind. His unconditional love to one and all shows, displays, teaches humans it-is-possible. His words produce silence, His silence speaks, His actions teach and His glance is like looking within. I salute this presence and feel ever so grateful to be born in this country which my Guru blesses.